How fast is my internet and how to improve it??
In your connection towards de bank many components are involved. Only if all of these component are working accordingly, you’ll be able the get the most out of your internet connection. Are you using a private internet connection or are you sharing? Are there more people in your household using the same connection. Maybe junior is downloading the latest blockbusters while attending school and by doing so squeezing your connection.
What is my actual internet speed?
Some providers offer a speedtest for their customers. The outcome of tests like these represent the performance between your connection and the provider which are often good due to the direct connection. These tests give you an idea of that your are delivered where you have paid for.
For Ziggo: http://speedtest.ziggo.nl
For KPN: http://speedtest.operator.nl/kpn
Other ISP may offer a service like this.
The outcome of the test can be limited by the type of connection your using. Using a networkcable is many times faster compared to WIFI! Additional you could connect to E2B and do the test again and compare the results.
The download speed is often represented like: “Internet 25” which means the download speed would be under best circumstances 25Mb. An often made mistake is that only the download speed matters, upload is just as important but doesn’t need to be as fast compared to the download speed. Is junior consuming your upload by using tools such as Torrents, it could cause your download speed to drop.
When connected via E2B your also using your upload. For instance your uploading when doing the following tasks.
- When placing a new Powerpoint presentation on the Sharepoint projectsite.
- When saving a Word document on the drive H:\afdelingsdata
Limiting factors of your connection
- How busy is the bank network
- Your laptop which might be older
- Your internetconnection is to slow.
- Your upload speed is being used to the maximum.
- The distance between your home and the ISP central connection point are to far apart
- Unstable connection (WIFI channels conflict with other signals)
- Placement of access point
- Junior downloading blockbusters
These and more factors could influence the connection speed.